Saturday 5 July 2014

...a truth to share...



...a truth to share...

I have a secret I'm willing to share.
I discovered a beautiful truth.
I found the treasure that is so rare,
I found the fountain of youth.

Stopped popping the pills
That cured all my ills
Stopped looking around
For cures to be found.

The fountain of youth is there for us all
For a life that's forever, aIike big and small.

Vit C was for sneezes
Vit B for cold breezes
Cod liver oil for the joints
Chondroitin to spoil natures grip  on my knees.
Pollen from the honeybees
Vit A for my eyes
Retinol caps the dark to espy...
Where nature's carrots had failed to rely...

Juice cabbage and beetroot to steer clear of strokes
The fire that burns and the fear it evokes
Horse radish a day to clear my clogged veins
Smear serum for wrinkles
A spoon elixir for eyes that will twinkle.

It all cost a bomb and the years have sped past
The cure of my ills is over at last....
Stopped cleansing colonic
Don't dye my hair
Despair of the cramps in my legs
But the gin and its tonic begs a daily repair.
The secret is quinine
The tonic is fair
And the gin will improve the mood that I'm in.

The mirror mirror on the wall
Tells me all I need to know
Who looks back at me is mum
Forgot to tell me that it's so....

...that what I found myself in truth
Is the treasure that I share
Is what we are
Is what we were

Is just right what it is.

...the beautiful truth....
....the fountain of youth...


No comments:

Post a Comment