Tuesday 23 April 2013

the thinker

the thinker

 I have nothing to say…
…and…
....even if I did I wouldn’t say it…
…so what is the point? …

now thinking, is another matter altogether. I think an awful lot…

…I think all of the time.
…I think out loud.
…think when I sit.
…think when I walk…
…when I read I think…

I am a very slow reader…
 …and for me I think that thinking out loud is the best. You remember then what you are thinking as when I do all the other thinking I always forget what I’m thinking…
...so there is not much point to that either
….forgotten thinking’s not much use…
no point to it at all…
 …but..
…when thinking out loud you think things through, you work it all out, you know what to do…
…and…
…you know what to think…

 …now I read in the paper on page 84 a rabbi told one of his flock not to grieve , not grieve over the body of his dead wife, who was still very young and her parting was sudden…
...he said that her body was only the envelope that she came in, a thought with some merit, he said that that her soul and her being was etched into his heart…
and
…I thought he was wrong. I thought that if she’d been made in the image of God, to deny grieving would be denying the grieving for God…God may be pleased that she was coming home to Him again…but her hubby could not hold or hug a soul or spirit, could he…he would be lonely and grieving is ok, even if some of it was for himself…God would understand that…God knows grief is ok…He took back something he had lent, a bit of Himself…of course you could grieve…

…I thought that the Rabbi was wrong… 
…what’s that?, someone says…
…what’s what, say I…
…what you said…
…I said? …
 …oh, nothing…
…nothing to say…
…nothing to say?
 …no…
…thinking…
… just thinking…

No comments:

Post a Comment